The Story of us..
Creator, Maker and Owner:
Hello, I'm Kara and I create, design, hand paint, make and hand pour all the candles, melts, room diffusers, glassware and gifts you’re shopping today, operating from Tamworth NSW.
A bit about me:
Wife to Jamie and mum of 2 boys. Born and raised in Tamworth. I have worked as Store Manager in a few different fashion retailers and worked on and off at my parents' printer business since I was 13! This year (2022), my husband and I became the new owners of Cartridges 2340 (@the_printer_shop), buying the business from my parents and also expanding Wick + Wax Candle.
I’ve always loved all kinds of crafting. Sewing (love the finished product but I actually hate sewing itself 🤷♀️) crochet, knitting, scrap booking, candle making (obviously), painting, drawing, jewellery making.
A bit about Wick & Wax Candle;
Established in 2019 Wick & Wax candle offers a range of handmade home fragrance and personalised gifts. Handpoured in Tamworth NSW, Our container candles are created using purely natural Coconut and Soy wax with Australian made fragrant oils and quality cotton wicks which contain no lead or other harmful metals. Expanding the range in 2020, with custom gifts of hand painted drinkware, shopping bags and more. Released in August 2021, our Pillar Candle Collection is created using a Soy Pillar blend wax which is both biodegradable and vegan friendly. Released in August 2021, our 'Springtime' Glassware collection features hand painted (By Kara) flower inspired designs perfect for gifting or to add that unique pieces to add to your home.
Why choose Coconut Soy blend wax?
- Soy wax is a solid form of hydrogenated Soy Bean oil, making it a natural and renewable product.
- Coconut wax is a form of hydrogenated Coconut oil, making it the most eco-friendly wax to use for candles.
- Soy wax burns more slowly and even than other waxes, meaning you'll enjoy your candles longer. Even though you will pay a little more for a Coconut Soy blend wax, the slower burn time helps counteract the extra expense.
- Candles made from a Coconut Soy blend wax have a much cleaner burn than other waxes as they produce much less smoke.
- Wicks used in our candles contain NO lead or other harmful metals.
- Trimming wicks before each use allows for a consistent burn time.
- Our candles are made with 100% concentrated fragrant oils, giving a great scent.
- The fragrant oils used in Wick & Wax Candles are Australian made.