Candle Making + Glassware Painting Workshop
Candle Making + Glassware Painting Workshop
Are you looking for something different to do? A night out with friends or brunch with the girls?
At our Candle Making + Glassware painting workshop, we have combined two of our favourite activities into the one workshop. We provide all tools, paint, wax, fragrance, wicks, safety gear and materials for you to hand make and take home your own painted glass jar candle and glass drinkware!
You will start with a glass candle jar and drinkware (coffee mug or wine glass) to paint our signature floral designs (or create your own design) then learn the basics of candle making before pouring your own fragranced candle into the jar you just painted! We will be here to help guide and show you everything you need to know to make the product included in the workshop while allowing you to choose your own colour combinations!
This class will include:
- Design process - workshop booklet included
- How to paint on glass
- Candle Making
- Finishing process
- A selection of snacks and drinks
This is a beginners class, so no prior experience is needed. Kara will share her knowledge tips and skills with you to help assist you during the making process. All equipment and materials will be provided, all you need to do is turn up, eat, create and enjoy your time.
You will get to take home your candle and glassware creations! You will need to leave your creations with us for a minimum of 2 business days, to allow time for your candle to cure and so we can finish the final step of your glassware cure - the baking process. Once they are done, we will notify you when they're ready to collect or we can post them to you (you will need to pay additional postage costs).
Our workshops are held at our store - 480 Peel St, Tamworth. We supply all aprons, materials and equipment for you. Wear something basic.
2 - 2.5 hours
Our workshops great for individuals, couples and groups. You must be at least 13 years old to attend our workshops.
This would also be a lovely gift.
- Our workshops are designed for young adults and adults, they are not suitable for children. You must be a minimum age of 13 to attend our workshops.
- We do not recommend this class to someone who is highly sensitive to smell, asthmatic, has allergies to essential oils, pregnant or breastfeeding or someone who doesn’t have stable hands (You will be dealing with hot wax at 85-90 degrees). If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us.
- What if I'm a little late? Please let us know if you're running late or are expected to be a little late. That's ok, we will start the workshop once we have the majority of attendees. If you're a little late we can help you catch up.
- Prices shown are per person and are not refundable for change of mind reasons. We may be able to re-schedule.
- A few days prior to your workshop we will get in contact with you about the finer details of the event.
- You're spot to attend our workshops is only reserved once payment had been made.
- I am not a teacher. We are not teaching you how to make candles or how to paint any kind of product you may wish to make outside of this workshop. Our workshops are designed to show you how to make the products that we have selected for this workshop only. If you wish to make candles or paint glassware outside of this workshop, research, testing and experimentation will be required by you. If you wish to re-produce the creations outside of this workshop there is no guarantee they with be of the same standards produced at the workshop under my instruction and guidance.
Our workshops will require a minimum of 6 attendees to commence. In the event that there aren't enough people attending the workshop we may forfeit the event and a refund or exchange to another time will be offered.
*All the information in this workshop and booklet remains the IP knowledge of Kara White and ownership of JW +KW PTY LTD t/a Florense, including but not limited to art designs, styles and painting and candle formulas. This workshop and booklet are designed for personal use only and cannot be reproduced in any form for commercial purposes, including but not limited to re-selling your creations and follow on re-creations outside this workshop for selling. Please remember, this workshop is a preview and not an exact formula to candle making or glassware painting. Personal testing and experimentation with materials will be required if making candles or glassware painting outside of this workshop.
Photography - Olive Dreams Photography